Centre for Urban and Public Policy Research
Governance, engagement and citizenship in the smart city (as at April 2016)
The Centre’s research in relation to smart cities has a number of interrelated strands:
- As part of the International Centre for Infrastructure Futures, we are conducting a comparative study of the governance of leading smart cities in England
- We are completing a project entitled Digital engagement and citizenship in the smart city, funded by UKCRIC
- We are conducting an evaluation of the Bristol-Guangzhou Smart Cities Collaborative Pilot, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- We are working on ways to conceptualise digital citizenship from a social policy perspective
- We are exploring the ways in which the move to digital governance is affecting social policy in the European context.
I am leading on, or involved in, all of these activities. I’m working with my colleagues Patricia Kennett, Aksel Ersoy and Llorenc O’Prey.
Image: (c) apinan via Fotolia.com